Our viscometers have redefined the way viscosity is measured! With our patented VROC® technology, RheoSense viscometers are able to provide viscosity measurements across a broad spectrum of applications from biopharmaceuticals to volatile chemical, inks and oils to name a few! With our small sample volume requirement, our viscometers have attracted the attention of not only scientists trying to measure true viscosity of Newtonian and non-Newtonian liquids, but also of those looking to measure viscosity of different common fluids.
Every event we go to, we are asked if we have measured the viscosity of countless different common fluids. What is the viscosity of honey? Have you measured motor oil? Was it used oil? What about paints and inks? In this last post of the year, right before the holiday break, we ask you: What would you like us to measure?
You can always check our application library to see what fluids we have already tested:
- Viscosity of wine and its relation to alcohol content
- Viscosity of Juices, Syrups and chocolate milk
- Viscosity of conductive inks
- Viscosity of motor oils before and after use
A few tips:
- We will test common fluids that we can get from a grocery or hardware store.
- Do not forget to include your guess if the fluid is Newtonian or Non-Newtonian.
- You can give as many suggestions as you want! The first one you submit will get an entry to viscoholiday.
Results will be posted by mid January.
Happy ❄ Holidays!