I recently had a customer who asked how VROC® technology measures viscosity compared to a rheometer that measures shear stress and also control shear rate. From the controls, the rheometer will then calculate viscosity. Similar to the rheometer, VROC® powered viscometers will measure the pressure drop to measure shear stress and use flow rates to control the flow. Essentially the ideas are parallel in the fact that VROC® measures the pressure drop and rheometers will measure torque so you will not need to readjust your expectations when working with VROC® technology.
Additional comparisons and benefits of using VROC® would be:
- Require just a few micro-liters per measurement
- Allow characterization of both Newtonian & non-Newtonian fluids
- Enable high shear rates without flow instabilities
- Prevent evaporation and contamination of samples
- Render high throughput due to a simple flow-through design
For more information on our technology, visit our technology page here.