This month we released an update to the VROC® initium one plus software. We recommend all customers upgrade to the latest version of the software to ensure that you have the most stable and up to date version possible, and that you are collecting the most accurate and reliable data possible.
The new software includes a new e-VROC®, extensional viscosity, chip support, along with a firmware update and additional improvements, including:
- Improved communication between IP Cover and AutoSampler
- Level Generator/Auto Mode fixed for shear rate measurement protocols (results in false -1
- Sample Retrieval update for measurement protocols created with shear rate
- AutoSampler Wizard calibration updated for Vial Top Position
- JSON file updated to increase timeout values (reduce retrieval and IP Cover Timeouts)
- Updates syringe calibration date in the Settings>>Service Utilities window
- Additional communication information
As you update your software, it is also the perfect timing to run your other routine maintenance on your instrument! Your viscometer and chips should both be calibrated once a year. Running calibrations along with your software update will help to ensure your viscometer is running optimally and that your measurements are the most reliable and accurate possible.
Routine maintenance for your VROC® initium one plus (and other VROC viscometers) extends beyond software updates and yearly calibrations. Our consumable kit includes all regular maintenance items needed to ensure continued high performance. This includes replacement autosampler syringe, test syringe, as well as replacement switch valve heads, and a other replacement items. Depending on use we recommend ordering the consumable kit annually or quarterly.
For existing customers, you can access the latest manuals, software versions, and additional release notes via your customer portal! For more information on how to upgrade, please submit a service ticket here. A service representative will guide you through the software and firmware update.
Written by: Eden Reid, RheoSense Senior Marketing and Sales Operations